- Contract negotiations
- Liaison with Board of Supervisors, courts, state and federal elected officials
- Legal representation for members
- Supplemental health, dental, group life and disability insurance
- Death benefits for families of deputies who are killed in the line of duty
- Representation with grievances, arbitration and unfair labor practices
- Scholarship fund for members and members’ dependents
- Publication of a monthly magazine, the Silver Star
- Sponsorship of police officer recognition and awards programs
- Charitable giving to local non-profits
- Sponsorship of community events
- Special events throughout the year for members
- Discounts and benefits for DSA members and their families
Member Services are detailed more in the member's only section
The Wave Waterpark Party is a favorite DSA family event. Party starts at 4 p.m. Admission includes a BBQ Dinner and Unlimited Drinks between 5-7 p.m, all for just $8 per person.
Anyone with information on the location of suspect Ray Pitoau should call the San Diego Police Department at (619) 531-2000 or the Crime Stoppers anonymous tip line at (888) 580-8477. Pitoau is a suspect in the shooting of an off-duty deputy. Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up $1,000 in addition to the Deputy Sheriffs’ Association of San Diego County who is offering $5,000 to anyone with information that leads to an arrest in this case.
Reach San Diego's Law Enforcement Community by advertising in the Silver Star. Reach over 4,000 San Diego County Sheriff Department Deputies, active and retired. The Silver Star is the perfect outlet for showing support for and offering discounts to DSA members and the Law Enforcement community as a whole.