2017 Election Petitions must be received at the DSA office no later than 4 p.m. on December 5, 2017.
To qualify, you must be a member in good standing. Submit a nomination petition signed by 48 Active DSA Class 1 members in good standing, along with a photo and brief written statement. The statement should be less than 400 words and include your goals, purpose for running, and career background. Anything over 400 words will be deleted from the printed statement. This information will be included on the mail-out ballot and on the DSA website. We encourage you to e-mail your photo and statement to email@example.com; however, the original petition must be turned in at the DSA. Scanned or faxed copies will not be accepted.
Petitions must be returned before 4 p.m. on Tuesday, December 5. Candidates will be announced at the December 7 meeting.
The Board of Directors has a responsibility for the organization’s operation, stability and continuity, along with a fiduciary responsibility to the association and its members. Individuals who indicate a willingness to serve as a director should have full awareness of the obligations required. All directors must:
• Attend board and committee meetings on a regular basis. Three consecutive absences (unless due to department or association business, illness or unavoidable absence from the county) from more than one-half of a board meeting in any four-month period is cause for removal.
• Participate in the community to develop and maintain a professional image for this association. You will be asked to attend community events on behalf of the association and should actively seek and build community relationships.
• Actively guide and contribute to assigned committees.
• Know your MOA and bylaws.
• Serve the full length of the three-year term.
• Commit to the association’s strategic plan, including the Mission and Value Statements.
• Avoid self-serving agendas.
• Keep aware of political issues affecting DSA members and public safety.
• Be attentive to the E-board’s activities to ensure there is no overstepping of authority.
Submit nomination petition signed by 49 active DSA members in good standing with a photo and statement of candidacy before 4 p.m. on Tuesday, December 5.
Join us at the annual DSA Member Dinner Dance on March 3 in Downtown San Diego.
It’s hard to believe that we’ve already reached the end of the year and the holidays are in full swing. With the kids out of school and family arriving for holiday visits, this is a perfect time to reconnect with some old friends to share a few stories and lies. Don’t forget about our partners who will be working through the holidays and will not be with their families. Some of us remember many years of holidays full of B shifts and night shifts that came and went with the holidays. However you celebrate these holidays, we wish you safe travels, some relaxation, and good times.
Reach San Diego's Law Enforcement Community by advertising in the Silver Star. Reach over 4,000 San Diego County Sheriff Department Deputies, active and retired. The Silver Star is the perfect outlet for showing support for and offering discounts to DSA members and the Law Enforcement community as a whole.