The DSA is once again sponsoring a limited number of members to attend the State and National Law Enforcement Memorials in May. In order to be considered for either trip, please fill out the following form. You may register for both trips, but will only be selected for one. If your name is drawn, it will be taken out of the running for the other trip.
The California Peace Officer Memorial is May 6 and y in Sacramento. Members will receive a $500 reimbursement for the state memorial trip.
The National Law Enforcement Memorial falls during Police Week. The DSA dates for the National Law Enforcement Memorial trip are May 12-16, which falls during Police Week falls May 13-19. The Candelight Vigil takes place May 13 and the memorial ceremony on May 15. Selected members will receive a $1,750 reimbursement. All other expenses above the reimbursement amount are the responsibility of the member.
Hotel rooms have been reserved for members attending the DSA trips. More information on how to book a room and receive your reimbursement will be sent to selected members.
If you are not selected, you may book discounted hotel rooms through the official Police Week website and attend all memorial events with the DSA and Department group.
- This opportunity is for Class 1 Active DSA members only.
- You may register for both trips, but will only be selected for one. If your name is drawn, it will be taken out of the running for the other trip.
- First priority will be given to members who have not been selected for either trip in the past.
- If you were selected in any past year, you cannot be selected for the same Memorial Trip this year
- Registration for the random drawing is open through February 7 at 1 p.m.
Join us at the annual DSA Member Dinner Dance on March 3 in Downtown San Diego.
Happy New Year! I hope that your holidays were fun and safe, and that you were able to spend some quality time with your loved ones. We are all looking forward to what the year has in store for us.
Reach San Diego's Law Enforcement Community by advertising in the Silver Star. Reach over 4,000 San Diego County Sheriff Department Deputies, active and retired. The Silver Star is the perfect outlet for showing support for and offering discounts to DSA members and the Law Enforcement community as a whole.