Attorney's Specializing in Worker's Comp:
- David Dugan 619-544-1506
- Scott O'Mara 1-800-LAW-1199 (1-800-529-1199)
- Faunce, Singer & Oatman (760) 451-7377
- Tosdal, Levine, Smith, Steiner & Wax
- Robyn Park, Marty Stern or Mike Wax 619-239-7200
Predesignate Your Doctor
The laws governing the right to predesignate are in section 4600(d) of the California Labor Code. The regulations are in sections 9780 to 9783.1 of title 8 of the California Code of Regulations. To download the laws, go to the California Law section of the legislative information. To download the regulations, go to the Office of Administrative Law Website for the Cal. Code Regs section.
Features and Updates
Hazardous exposure listing program provided by PORAC.
Not only can you predesignate a physician, you can pre-designate a medical group if it qualifies.
Please read the following information concerning pre-designating a treating physician for a work-related injury or illness. Even if you have already completed a “pre-designated” form you may have to complete a new form.
Long-tern, often secondary, exposure has been found to cause toxins. What are the risks. By Kristie Macris
Why A Workers’ Compensation Claim Gets Delayed
Worker's Comp Links
Mike Kick has provided these links to more information on Worker's Comp.
- WorkInjury.com - Resources for workers comp professionals and help for injured workers.
- Voter Injured at Work - non-profit political organization of injured workers and their families established for the purpose of protecting and enforcing worker's comp.
- PORAC's Hazardous Exposure Listing Program - document any contact with hazardous materials using this database.
- California Applicants Attorney's Association
- Labor Occupational Health Program includes the Guidebook for Injured Workers (11/06) and other help for workers with job injuries to understand their basic legal rights, the steps to take to request workers’ compensation benefits, and where to seek further information and help if necessary.
- Employee Physician Pre-Designation Tool Kit from Marsh Risk Counseling
- Search California Law
- Division of Workers' Compensation - Fact sheets and guides for injured worker
- DWC glossary of workers' compensation terms for injured workers
- Faunce, Singer & Oatman Disability Attorneys
- American Bar Association
- CALIFORNIA EMPLOYMENT LAW LINKS
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- California Workers' Compensation Institute - nonprofit organization working to improve the California worker's compensation system through research, education, information, and representation.
- Nolo Legal Guides
- Virtual Chase - Search for legal cases and decisions
- Peace Officer Standards & Training
- HR Gopher links and resources for workers comp
- San Diego County Employee Information (must be accessed from county computer)
- California Division of Workers' Compensation